The Aspen Aerials A-30 Bridge Inspection Unit
When it comes to bridge inspections, getting up close to every part of the structure is critical. And you have deadlines to meet so you must work quickly many times. That’s why you need a bridge inspection unit that is efficient, lightweight, and versatile.
That’s where the Aspen Aerials A-30 comes in. The A-30 bridge inspection unit can help you with those smaller bridge inspection and maintenance needs. Sure, you have options from other aerial lift equipment manufacturers that may offer some of these benefits, but they can’t compare with the convenient combination of features that the Aspen Aerials A-30 offers.
Interchangeable Platforms for Different Bridge Inspection and Maintenance Requirements
The Aspen A-30 provides maximum flexibility with the option of being fitted with either of two fully-interchangeable platforms.
- A 3 foot by 5-foot aluminum inspection platform for three workers is included as standard equipment.
- It provides up to 600 lb. capacity and is equipped with an easy entry gate.
- The platform is attached to the end of the articulating fourth boom.
- It has a full range of movement and articulation.
- In the fully articulated position, it can reach an additional 5 vertical feet, providing “hands-on” access.
- A 3.5 foot by 17-foot interchangeable maintenance platform can be attached to the end of the second boom.
- This platform provides a capacity of 1,000 lb. and a large working space for all types of repair work.
Comprehensive Stabilizing Systems
No outriggers are required with the Aspen A-30. It has been engineered with stabilizing systems that give operators the ability to move the truck while the platform is deployed.
Stabilizing Systems Components
- A full-length subframe provides strength and stability.
- Axle locks unitize the chassis and truck axles.
- A counterweight at the base of the pedestal rotates with the unit, always staying within the width of the chassis.
- An interlock system tied to the controls maintains operation within the unit’s full range of stability.
- An indicator panel at the pedestal enables operators to constantly monitor boom and turret movements.
Accessibility and Maneuverability
With a total of four articulating booms and two points of rotation, the Aspen A-30 possesses a high degree of maneuverability that allows it to operate in, around, over, and through all types of barriers and obstructions.
Because of its size and mobility, the Aspen A-30 can be deployed to reach over sidewalks and fences, and provide access underbridge areas even in very close quarters. Using the three-person platform, operators can reach up and behind deep girders for comprehensive inspections.
As a versatile inspection and maintenance unit, the A-30 can provide even greater working range and operating efficiency because of its ability to be moved while the platform is deployed under the bridge.
Versatility and Efficiency for Highway Bridges
Versatile bridge inspection equipment is invaluable to inspectors and maintenance crews. The Aspen A-30 provides that versatility on highway bridges.
This bridge inspection unit can be deployed off of both sides of the truck, allowing operators to reach more underbridge areas without having to reposition the vehicle.
Aspen A-30 Overview
Horizontal Underbridge Reach 30.92 ft
Vertical Reach Down 40 ft
Vertical Reach Up 30.25 ft
Sidewalk Clearance 7.5 ft
Fence Clearance 10 ft
Overall Length 32.67 ft
Aspen A-30 Specifications
Overall Height 11.67 ft
Overall Weight 32,000 – 39,000 lbs
Platform Capacity 600 lbs
Platform Rotation NA
Platform Size 40 x 60 x 42
Boom No.1 Movement +30 to -35 degrees
Boom No.2 Movement +0 to -90 degrees
Boom No.3 Movement +90 to -60 degrees
Boom No.4 Movement +90 to -35 degrees
Platform Vertical Reach 5.5 ft
Space Required on Bridge 102 in
Walkway Reach 17 ft
Walkway Capacity 1,000 lbs
Advantages of the Aspen A-30 Bridge Inspection Unit
The Aspen A-30 allows many underbridge tasks to be completed quickly, since your personnel can be under the bridge and working within fifteen minutes of their arrival at the jobsite.
The risks often associated with using underbridge platforms are minimized with the Aspen Aerials A-30 since it comes with multiple built-in features that ensure personnel safety whenever it’s being operated.
Time saved means money saved. Because the platform enables your personnel to access and complete tasks quickly, you are able to carry out more tasks in less time, which translates to more money at the end of the day.
What Our Under Bridge Platform Equipment Is Used For
You can hire our Under Bridge Platforms for all types of under-bridge projects:
- Marine dockside operations
- Stripping operations
- Painting and sandblasting
- General maintenance
- Replacement and maintenance of bearings
- Installation and maintenance of pipes, cables, and more
Why You Should Hire Our Aspen Aerials A-30 Bridge Inspection Unit
24/7 Customer and Technical Support
Regardless of where you are or what time of the day, our customer support team will be ready to answer your phone call and address any questions or concerns you may have.
The effectiveness of any under bridge access platform largely depends on the operators that operate it.
Even though our Aspen Aerials A-30 Truck-Mounted Bridge Inspection Unit comes complete with multiple features, we are not oblivious of the fact that accidents can still happen.